Tuesday, May 27, 2014

1001 Places/Experiences to See or Savour #153 - Huayna Picchu, Peru

1001 Places/Experiences to See or Savour After Remission #153

- Huayna Picchu, Peru
 
(Standing in front of Huayna Picchu, it looked so daunting. A long queue of people - from all nationalities including France, Switzerland, Chile - was already forming at its gate at 7.15am. I took in a quick breath and with a tentative first step, we started our ascent of Huayna Picchu - a vertical climb of 300m that will take 2hours, says the entrance map. With tricky corners and thin stone steps, I finally made it! At 2700m, the view from the top is out of this world - the mighty Machu Picchu is a mere thumbnail photo from here! But conquering Huayna Picchu was thrilling! For a cancer warrior like me, still with numb toes after chemo, this one is really special - yes, I made it, and the video below will show me my own triumph of the human spirit, forever!)
 

 

 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

No comments: